Illuminating Blogger Award
Woohoo!!!! I finally made it! I received my first award.
I would like to make an acceptance speech (even though it wasn’t required) so here it goes:
Thank you Carol Ludlow of a Foodstoriesblog for bestowing Illuminating Blogger Award onto me. Im honoured to have been appreciated and considered for such a groovy award.
Ok now comes the fun part..thanking my family members. I would like to thank (sob! sob!) my daughter for not eating what I cook for her, my husband for crowning me the Lazy Chef, my sister for making me do stand up impersonation acts (totally unrelated to cooking) in front of her friends, my in-laws for not having had the opportunity to taste my cooking (whew!), my brother for finding my cooking, photography and blogging skills “unbelievable” 😉 and finally my mum for threatening to keep me a spinster forever if I didnt learn to cook at the tender age of 10 😲 yawnn! Well I tried to keep it short.
Now the serious bit..the rules of the Illuminating Blogger Award.
1. The nominee should visit the award site and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom.
2. The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
3. The Nominee should include a courtesy link back to the official award site in their blog post.
4. Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post.
5. Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their illuminating, informative posts and nominate them for the award.
6. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site.
1 Random Thing About Me
I can do impersonations of bollywood stars and certain people😊
Here are my 5 fav nominees:
Creative Blogger Award
Wooopaaa!!! 💃 Arriba! Arriba! Underlay! Overlay! Well it must be my lucky week I got not one but two awards. Buy one get one free yay!
Massive thanks to Deirdra Eden of A Storybook World for bestowing the Creative Blogger Award upon me. I’m honoured to be appreciated and considered for this gorgeous award. Lots of cyber hugs to you 😘.
Leibster Blog Award
Yayy! Another award added to my trophy shelf 😉..such a wonderful way to motivate and encourage all the bloggers who put so much effort and time into their blogs. Thank a ton Shalini of Tale Of Two Tomatoes for bestowing this lovely award onto me.
What is a Leibster Award?
A Liebster Award is (When I first saw it I seriously misread “Lobster” hehe silly me) it originated from Germany and is a beautiful and encouraging way of recognizing upcoming blogs.
Rules of the Leibster Award
There are some rules to follow such as thanking the person who presented the award to you, displaying the award on your blog, answering 10 questions that you have been asked by the nominator, nominating 10 other upcoming recent blogs, asking them 10 questions as well and listing 10 random facts about yourself.
It’s entirely upto you whether you choose to participate or not. However, it is to your advantage if you would like to get some exposure for your blog and make blogger friends.
Here is the list of questions asked by Shalini:
1. Do you have ambitions for your blog? If so, what are they?
Nah! nothing, naada, zero, zilch…just cook the darn thing and eat it! 😄
2. Where would you live if you could live anywhere you wanted on Earth?
On a remote island surrounded by a dense jungle but armed with my body/facial hair remover..i dont want the gorrillas to mistake me as one of their long lost family member 🙉
3. Are you a glass half-full or half-empty person?
Both depending on what mood my multiple personalities happen to be in…wait let me ask Shiela..no sorry it’s Munni or is it Chameli today ohh Chulbul stop interfering will ya!!
4. What’s the first item on your wish list?
A personal chef kum masseur..itll be eat and massage..eat and massage aahh total bliss!!
5. Which cook book could you not be without?
Feeding The Sonis platinum edition hehe😉
6. When you were a child, what job did you see yourself doing?
Teacher, Fashion Designer, IT prof, Therapist/counsellor and look where I am now..a public servant 😊
7. What is your signature dish?
I have two..my Corned Mutton Curry and Butter Chicken.
8. What’s your favourite dessert?
9. One food ingredient you can’t live without?
Aww I cant name one..I have three it’s coriander, onions and garlic.
10. Fame or Money and why?
Money because with money you can buy fame and honey.😉
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I am a singer and not just in a shower…a trait my daughter has inherited “la la laaaaaaaa”.
2. I didnt realize what unconditional love ❤️ was until my daughter came into my life.
3. I am sh*t scared of cockroaches ewwwww just the thought of it makes my skin crawl.
4. I see dead people 👀👥 boooo!
5. I have been through hell and back with depression..dont allow the devil to get to you.👹
6. I live in Chronic pain and deal with it with my positive attitude and a smile on my face…its a mind over matter attempt.😁
7. My first crush/love was Prince aka The Symbol lol. 💜
8. My daughter was a miracle baby..blessed in my dreams by The Virgin Mary. 👼
9. I am a great listener, compassionate, patient and have a high level of tolerance thus your resident shrink. 😉
10. I died and went to heaven 😇when I saw my favourite bollywood hero Akshay Kumar😍 sitting right next to my table. I cried tears of joy lol 😩
Following are blogs I’m nominating for the Leibster Award:
2. Tropical Spicy Tadka
3. Tanu’s Kitchen
4. Whitbits Indian Kitchen
5. Daniela Mangiasciutto
6. Buckwheat For Your Health
7. Eats For All Ages
8. Inspired And Inspiring
9. The James Kitchen
10. Dinner Bank
Congrats everyone!! 😊
My list of questions for the Nominees are:
1. What inspired you to blog and what do you intend to achieve by it?
2. If you could change something in this world (a miss world kind of question) what would it be?
3. If you were going to live on a deserted island, what three things could you not live without?
4. Bollywood or Hollywood movies (I just had to ask this lol) or not a movie goer?
5. If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?
6. Do you blog in your spare time if so whats your main profession?
7. If were given a second chance to live what would you do differently?
8. Where is your favourite holiday destination and when/where was the last time you travelled?
9. Do you have any bad habits you would like to change?
10. What is the most delicious food you have ever tasted?
* There is no link back so it will be nice to let your nominator know that you have answered their list of questions just so they can get to know you better.
Versatile Blogger Award
And…here we go my 4th award the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks again to Shalini of Tale Of Two Tomatoes for bestowing two awards to me in a row..you’re my awards angel.😉Guys check out her blog she has some great recipes.
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award
Thank the person who gave you this award, include a link to their blog, nominate15 blogs/bloggers who you think are excellent and finally tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Dragon’s Loyalty Award
Wow! This is my 5th award. I’m now lost for words lol. Many many heartfelt thanks to an absolute sweetheart of a person called Poppy of Bunny Kitchen for nominating me for The Dragon’s Loyalty Award. She totally rocks!!! I’ve been following her awesome blog ever since I began mine and have gotten lots of support from her. It touches my heart to meet such wonderful bloggers like Poppy through wordpress despite being located miles away.
What is the Dragon’s Loyalty Award?
It’s an award for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly. Vintage Book Fairy
The rules for Dragon’s Loyalty Award are:
Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you, acknowledge that blogger on your blog and include a link back. You must share 7 things other bloggers may not know about you. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for Dragon’s Loyalty Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs. Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
I nominate the following blogs for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. I’m fairly new to the blogging scene and don’t know as many bloggers as I would like to so I’m only nominating 5 for now and will add to the list as I get to know more awesome bloggers.
Congratulations all! 😊
WordPress Family Award
Thank you Shalini of Tale Of Two Tomatoes for nominating me for my 6th award which was created by Shaun Gibson for WordPress bloggers who are like family. They stand by you and support, encourage and appreciate your efforts. This is indeed a very special award.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
The Sunshine Award
Shake, rattle and roll..a small happy dance. I just got nominated for an award which suits me to a T. I’ve also been known as “sunshine” (amongst half dozen other name distortions hehe) so this is just purrrrfect for me. This special award is given to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
Its heartwarming to know that there are lots of wonderful, kind and generous fellow wordpress readers out there who are actually reading and appreciating your blog. Thanks for showering your warmth onto me. I wish we could all meet in person for a cosy group hug. Out of all those special bloggers are two of my recent favourites who I would like to give a huge thanks to. Aneela Mirchandani of The Odd Pantry and Aishwariya of My Kitchen Moments thank you ladies for honouring me with this radiating sunny award (better get my sunscreen on). Please do take a moment to check them out I’m sure you will love their amazing blogs as much as I do. Thanks again.😘
Rules Of The Sunshine Award
• Display the award on your blog.
• Show your gratitude and link back to the person who nominates you with the award.
• Nominate 10 of your favourite deserving “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
• Link the nominees in your post and let them know they have been awarded.
• Write 10 interesting things about yourself.
I would like to nominate 10 of my favourite bloggers whose blogs I have been enjoying reading and following and believe are deserving of this award. My nominations go to: