Hi everyone I have a dash and run post today before my op tomorrow so I wont blabber much (maybe just a little). I had a few requests for the tari/surwa (gravy) version of my corned mutton curry so here it is, enjoy!😊
Aww! ok just a short story then..I cant resist. Last week we had a fire drill at work and we all had to evacuate our building and assemble at a designated spot. My manager and my manager’s manager (I just had to say it the Desi way hehe) we were all gathered waiting around with a few other colleagues to hear instructions from the fire warden to head back to our building. I happened to notice a few ladies walk right past through us to go upstairs into a building. Few ladies were also coming down the stairs looking flushed and glowy.
Curiousity got the best of me and I had to find out where they were heading. I looked up and read the sign. We were standing right in front of a beauty parlour so aptly named “BrazillianBeauty”. Trust me to speak my thought out aloud and say “well, guess we all know who is coming down after a Brazillian“. Of course I was’nt embarassed then (because this is just me I come up and say totally ridiculous things at times) but I must have embarassed everyone else standing there. It clicked to me a few minutes later what I had said and only then I wished the ground would split open and swallow me up😳. Lesson learned – keep my thoughts to myself (I can only try so no promises😉).
4 Medium Sized Potatoes
1 326g Canned Corned Mutton (I have used Salisbury brand)
3-6 Curry Leaves
2-4 Garlic Cloves
1 Inch Piece Ginger
1/2 Tspn Tumeric Powder
1 Tspn Garam Masala
1 Tspn Kashmiri Chilli Powder (optional)
Pinch Of Mustard, Cumin And Fenugreek Seeds
Salt To Taste
2 Tbspn Oil
• Wash, peel and cut potatoes into med-small cubes.
• Crush ginger and garlic.
• Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, cumin and fenugreek seeds. Allow it to splatter and brown lightly.
• Add onions, garlic and ginger and fry till brown.
• Now add tumeric, garam masala chilli powder, curry leaves and stir for a second or two before throwing in the potatoes.
• Cook the potatoes in medium flame until done and then add the corned mutton and cook further 5 mins.
• Finally garnish with coriander/cilantro.
This dish is best served with rice.