Happy Mother’s day to all the mum’s out there!
A special one for my mum Oline Singh who has always been there for me. From taking full care of me during my painful and complicated pregnancy to taking care of her grand daughter as a baby. From making a cup of chai/tea to cooking delicious foods for me.
Instead of giving yourself some much deserved rest at this age you’re helping me, your ill daughter, in every way possible just so I can get some rest from my chronic pains.
Thank you Amma/mum for everything you have done and continue to do for me. I may not show it as much and as easily as I would like to but just so you know that I love you!!😘😘😘
1 Can or Packet of Frozen Jackfruit
1 Onion (sliced lengthwise)
1 Green Chilli
1/4 Tspn Turmeric/Haldi
1/4 Tspn Garam Masala
1/4 Tspn Cumin/Jeera Seeds
6-10 Curry Leaves
Oil For Cooking
Salt To Taste
• Drain the water from the can and cut the jackfruit cubes finely.
• Heat oil in a pan and add jeera/cumin seeds and allow it to sizzle till brown.
• Next add onions and let it saute until translucent then add the chillies, garlic, ginger and curry leaves.
• Once browned add the turmeric and garam masala and give it a quick stir.
• Finally add the jackfruit pieces and cook until softened.
This dish is best served with Roti/Chapati.