I pull out my hairs in frustration deciding what to cook so when I can’t plan then I do the “easy way out” as my maleficent half would put it. 😁Here’s a quick and easy recipe for curried eggs.
6 Eggs (boiled and peeled)
1 400g Can Tomato (roughly finger mashed)
2 Medium Sized Onions (sliced legthwise)
1/4 Tspn Turmeric
1/4 Tspn Garam Masala
6-10 Curry Leaves
1-2 Green Chillies
1Tspn Cumin/Jeera Seeds
3 Small Garlic Cloves (crushed)
1 Inch Piece Ginger (peeled and crushed)
Salt To Taste
Oil For Cooking And Frying
• Heat oil in a pan and add Cumin seeds to it. Allow it to sizzle and brown lightly.
• Next add onions, curry leaves, ginger and garlic.
• Allow onions to brown lightly then add the dry spices turmeric and garam masala and give it a quick stir. To ensure spices dont burn please turn heat to it’s lowest settings.
• Next add the finger crushed tomatoes into the pan and simmer until you see the oil float up.
• While the sauce is being cooked heat a frying pan and shallow fry the dried and peeled eggs until its light brown. Cut in halves and set it aside.
• Once the sauce is ready add a little water and eggs into the pan so you get some gravy in it and cook for further 5 minutes.
• Finally garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
This dish is best served with Roti/Chapati and/or rice.