My dear readers and followers have been asking me why I don’t post regularly on my blog. My apologies for that I’m less on my blog and more active on my Instagram and Facebook page. I will try to post a little more regularly on my blog. If you don’t want to miss all the yummy goodness and some crazy mini stories/captions then don’t forget to follow me on Instagram.
Today’s recipe is my favourite and can be a substitute for Choraiya/Amaranth bhaji.
3 Pre-packaged salad variety Packets Of Baby Spinach
1 Large Bell/Italian Eggplant (cut finger lengthwise)
1 Tspn Cumin Seeds
1 Large Onion (sliced lengthwise)
3 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
Salt To Taste
Oil For Cooking
• Prepare all ingredients and in a large pot add oil to heat. We are using a large pot to give room to the spinach to fit and as it wilts the quantity will reduce in size.
• Once the oil is heated through add the cumin seeds and allow it to sizzle and brown a little.
• Now add onions and saute till translucent then add garlic and brown.
• Next add the eggplants and allow it to cook and soften (spoon break test required).
• When the eggplant is ready add the spinach bit by bit. Increase the heat and stir so the spinach wilts quicker to allow to add more.
• Once it’s all wilted reduce the heat and allow it to cook without the lid so most of the water dries up. Remember spinach releases a lot of water once washed.
• Finally add the salt and you may like to cook longer for liquid absorption or for shorter time depending on your preference.
This dish is best served with rotis/chapatis.