Hi everyone apologies for going MIA for quite sometime. I know a recipe is pretty much well overdue now.
Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances in the family I won’t be posting any of my crazy stories anytime soon. I know many of my readers look forward to my stories but I have to be in great spirits to compose them which is currently near to impossible. I will continue to post recipes and special guest posts for you all whenever it’s possible. Thanks for your understanding and continued support. 😊😘
Anyways here’s a recipe contributed by my mum Oline for you all to enjoy.
1kg Blue Swimmer Crabs
1 Big Onion/Pyaz Finely Chopped
10-15 Curry leaves
1 Tbspn Garlic/ Lehsun Paste
1 Tbspn Ginger/ Adrak Paste
2 Tspn Garam Masala
1 Tspn Turmeric/ Haldi
1 Tspn Hot Chilli Powder (optional)
2-3 Fresh Chillies (optional)
4 Medium Tomatoes Finely Chopped
1/4 Cup Tamarind/Imli Infused Liquid
Salt to taste
Oil For Cooking
Coriander/Dhaniya For Garnish
• Pour about a 1/4 cup of boiling hot water in a bowl with the tamarind pulp. Set aside and allow it to infuse until it cools. Squeeze and discard the tamarind. Keep the remaining infused liquid for later use. Alternatively you can purchase ready Tamarind paste/puree from the Asian/Indian grocers.
• Heat oil in a pot/pan and add the chopped onions. Sauté until translucent then add ginger, garlic and fresh chillies and allow it to brown lightly.
• Next turn the heat to medium and add the dry spices garam masala, turmeric, curry leaves and powdered chillies. Give it a quick stir then add the tomatoes.
• Allow the tomatoes to cook on low heat until the oil separates and tomatoes are a bit mushy.
• Now add the crabs and bhuno/dry cook for at least 5-10 mins. Crabs change to a lovely orangey red color once its in contact with heat and fully cooked. Ensure the entire pieces have turned red or it’ll remain uncooked in some spots.
• Next add the tamarind infused liquid and cook for further 5mins.
• Finally garnish with coarsely chopped coriander leaves and enjoy.