I am a bit slow in posting my recipes so please bear with me (will explain in future post). Now and then I’ll be throwing in a random recipe in here for you as well. So anyway heres one very quick Asian stir fry. You can use any of these Asian greens like Choy Sum, Chinese Broccoli or Buk Choy. Picture this – You come home tired after a long day just throw some noodles on the stove which they promise is “fast to cook and good to eat”. Chop up these leafy greens and give it a quick stir fry and you’re done. The taste of this dish is mainly enhanced by garlic. Now if you’re planning a romantic interlude with someone then ide tick this off the menu 😜Whew! dont say I didnt warn you.
1 Bunch Choy Sum
5-6 Cloves Garlic
2 Tbspn Oil
3 Tbspn Oyster Sauce (Vegetarian substitute is Oyster Mushroom Sauce available at Asian grocery stores and some supermarkets)
Salt To Taste
• Wash and cut Choy Sum stem and leaves lengthwise.
• Slice garlic thinly (or crush if you prefer).
• Heat oil in a wok or fry pan and add garlic frying it on low heat until it turns a light golden brown.
• Turn heat up and add choy sum and toss and stir for a minute or two.
• Now add oyster sauce and mix well cooking and tossing for further 5 mins. Its now ready to eat.
This dish is best served with Jasmine rice or noodles.